Join Us: Creative Strategist
Are you an experienced creative strategist and excited about making the world a better place?
M4ID is seeking an experienced and highly motivated creative strategist. The creative strategist will produce creative concepts, branding, social media campaigns and communication strategies for M4ID’s international development and health projects.
The candidate’s main task will be the leading of communication concept development for M4ID’s upcoming project in Tanzania, designing innovative sexual and reproductive health testing-to-treatment models, as well as contribute to other global health projects in low income countries.
M4ID is a fast growing, multidisciplinary team of designers, creative communications professionals and health and development experts, based in Helsinki, Finland and working for a worldwide client base in the international development sector.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the creative strategy development of a design project related to sexual health status testing and treatment in Tanzania, including facilitating workshops and leading interactions with multiple partners
- Work with team to produce creative service and communication concepts as well as creative strategies, including working closely with East African/Tanzanian agencies in developing creative concepts for Tanzanian context
We are looking for a brilliant creative mind with over 7 years of experience in creative communication / advertising. The successful candidate will be able to apply creative problem solving to difficult communication and service challenges, demonstrate analytical thinking and have excellent skills in communicating ideas and solutions to a wide group of partners.
The person will be able to work well in a fast-paced, creative and culturally diverse environment, and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities. The candidate will have a passion for social change and improving the lives of the poorest and most underserved people worldwide.
- Commitment to social change and M4ID’s development and health mission
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity for working with marginalized populations
- Excellent, proven creative concepting skills and a solid knowledge of different communication channels
- Strong conceptual copywriting skills
- Ability to quickly understand and process data
- Independent, organized and proactive working style
- Excellent collaboration skills in multinational/disciplinary project teams
- Experience with agile implementation processes
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Experience in a planner/creative role in the marketing communications field is a plus
- Similarly, experience with international development / low resource settings would be considered a plus
- Willingness and the ability to travel internationally. The work engagement will require regular travel to Tanzania and other locations
This is a full-time, 18 month fixed-term position based in Helsinki, Finland. The position will be reporting to the Director of Creative Communication.
M4ID is a creative agency specialised in creative communication, advocacy and campaigning as well as service design in support of global social change initiatives. We serve leading international health and development partners and implement projects together with civil society groups, UN agencies, INGOs, academia, health facilities and Foundations across Asia, Africa, Americas and Europe. M4ID also independently addresses innovation gaps in health and development, with a special focus on developing solutions to improve the wellbeing of women and children in low resource settings.