We at Scope (previously M4ID) are constantly looking for highly skilled experts to join us in advancing our mission to improve the lives of underserved populations.
Scope employs around 40 experts both in our Helsinki office and in the regions we work in. Our open vacancies are published here.
Please check out the current openings or send an open application to:
In-Country Project Coordinator, Core NigeriaMore
Title: In-Country Project Coordinator, Core Nigeria Reports to: Programme Manager Type: 10-month fixed-term contract, ideally start at the end of February 2020 Work hours: 70-100% negotiable Based in: Nigeria Travel: Local travel Scope Background: Scope (previously known as M4ID) was founded as a social impact company in 2008 with the bold ambition of advancing the global development and health field through creative problem solving and cross-disciplinary collaboration. Scope Impact only undertakes assignments that improve development and health outcomes for vulnerable and underserved communities. We are a highly expert integrated multi-disciplinary team, driven by the will to make a difference. Our unique way of working is a fusion of the interdisciplinary and human-centered approaches. Involving the people we serve ensures relevance. Integrating the expertise of different disciplines maximises creative problem-solving. Collaboration with clients, stakeholders, and partners is an essential part of this. In addition to client-led work, Scope Impact funds and executes our own social mission projects in which we create new services and campaigns for a fairer world. Position and Project Description: We are looking to contract an experienced individual to work as an in-country Project Coordinator for Scope’s Core Nigeria project. The Project Coordinator will participate in various functions, with the main task being the coordination of Core Nigeria’s communications and the management of timely completion of project milestones. The original Core project uses a human-centred design (HCD) methodology and life course approach to co-create services for women’s sexual and reproductive health and well-being. Core takes on a different approach in each geography based on the discovery outcomes and partner dialogue. In Nigeria, the overall goal of Core is to provide the Nigeria Country Office (NCO) grantees with an engaging, practical HCD learning experience as well as providing a means for using HCD as a framework for collaboration in support of more harmonized programming. The project seeks to do this by building Core as an experimentation platform through which to collectively develop new perspectives and co-design primary health care (PMC) solutions that focus on maternal and newborn health and wellbeing, with a focus on family planning and vaccinations, in Lagos and Sokoto state in Nigeria. Key Responsibilities: Primary task/-s:
- Coordination: Based on Core project directives and daily communications with the Scope Helsinki office, work with our partner and grantee network to coordinate communications and manage smooth and timely completion of the project milestones.
- Documentation Support: To support the Scope team with weekly updates and documentation of project activities and processes.
- Production and Sourcing Support: To support Scope team, project partners and grantee teams in timely execution of workshop preparations and arrangements as well as in the implementation of field activities of design research, ideation, and prototyping.
- Logistics Support: Various team members for research and other purposes might need additional support in planning logistics, ensuring transport, meeting arrangements and other types of preparedness in country.
- The Project Coordinator will be serving in a coordination and supportive role for the project and will be paid on a monthly basis as a part-time position. S/he will submit monthly invoices to prompt their payments. Their activities will be monitored by the Programme Manager. In addition to regular coordination calls, each week/bi-weekly the Project Coordinator will submit an update via email.
- Education: Masters level
- Work experience: Senior-level Project or Programme Management
- Language skills: Must be proficient in English
- Other skills: Strong organization skills, working independently and meeting fixed deadlines.
- Technology: Must be able to work with Microsoft Office, and carry on communications through mobile chat applications such as WhatsApp and email and be adept at remote working with teams