We at M4ID are constantly looking for highly skilled experts to join us in advancing our mission to improve the lives of underserved populations.
M4ID employs around 40 experts both in our Helsinki office and in the regions we work in. Our open vacancies are published here.
Please check out the current openings or send an open application to:
Join the Team: Finance and Office AssistantMore
Title: Finance and Office Assistant Reports to: Finance Manager M4ID Background: M4ID was founded as a social impact company in 2008 with the bold ambition of advancing the global development and health field through creative problem solving and cross-disciplinary collaboration. M4ID only undertakes assignments that improve development and health outcomes for vulnerable and underserved communities. We are a highly expert integrated multi-disciplinary team, driven by the will to make a difference. Our unique way of working is a fusion of the interdisciplinary and human-centered approaches. Involving the people we serve ensures relevance. Integrating the expertise of different disciplines maximises creative problem solving. Collaboration with clients, stakeholders and partners is an essential part of this. In addition to client-led work, M4ID funds and executes our own social mission projects in which we create new services and campaigns for a fairer world. Position Description: The Finance and Office Assistant is primarily responsible for supporting the growing Finance and Office functions at M4ID, thus establishing a supportive office environment. The Assistant is responsible for supporting the finance and operations functions that both enable the continued smooth operations of the M4ID business and the successful delivery of projects around the world. It is expected that this role will support all projects as a member of the Operations team. Key Responsibilities: Finance Assistance
- Assist in monthly invoicing process
- Update figures into finance monitoring files (incl. project budgets)
- Pre-screen purchase invoices and input them to the accounting system
- Check and approve credit card claims
- Support Finance Manager with preliminary work regarding finance reports and simple budget management
- Meeting arrangement: organize practicalities like printing, catering, materials and logistics, including Board meetings and large project meetings
- Travel arrangements: Support the arrangement of flights, accommodation and logistics related to complex travel of M4ID programme staff, consultants, external programme teams, advisors and interviewees.
- Purchasing and procurement: In charge of office supply purchases (kitchen, cleaning, general office supplies)
- Assist Project Coordination team at key moments including kick-off meetings, contracting, and travel as detailed below
- Assist the project team with internal and external travel arrangements, including flights, ground travel, accommodation and pre-travel arrangements (visas, vaccination & country specific security information, travel insurances)
- Assist in partner contracting process incl. tender process, drafting & filing contracts, checking partner invoices against contracts and monitoring the outcomes against timelines
- Compile required background materials for meetings, workshops, stakeholder events and team travels
- Support Co-CEOs in time management and admin tasks.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in assistance tasks
- Education: relevant degree from undergraduate program or vocational school
- Commitment to social change and M4ID’s development and health mission
- Ability to create trusting relations with co-workers
- Ability to work in multicultural and diverse teams
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity
- Basic computer skills and sufficient mathematical skills
- Fluent oral and written English and Finnish language skills
- Excellent eye for detail
M4ID is constantly looking for highly skilled professionals from various fields of expertise to join us in advancing our mission to improve the lives of underserved populations. M4ID currently employs around 40 experts both in our Helsinki office and in the regions we work in. Most are full time staff, but we also employ consultants and interns. If you have a passion for social change and are eager to use your expertise to improve development and health outcomes in underserved communities, please send us your open application and CV to email@example.com Please indicate clearly which type of opportunity your are applying for. Applications and CVs will be stored and taken into consideration if suitable opportunities are available.