We at Scope (previously M4ID) are constantly looking for highly skilled experts to join us in advancing our mission to improve the lives of underserved populations.
Scope employs around 40 experts both in our Helsinki office and in the regions we work in. Our open vacancies are published here.
Please check out the current openings or send an open application to:
Join the Team: HR ManagerMore
Title: HR Manager (75-100%) Reports to: Co-CEO and Managing Director Travel: 0% International The HR Manager is responsible for promoting successful and compliant human resources activities, providing strategic leadership as well as operational support on key activities. The HR Manager is expected to lead the development and implementation of key People Processes, HR Systems and infrastructure that enable successful operations in Helsinki and in country hubs, including talent acquisition, employee and management development initiatives including training and capacity building. The HR Manager is also responsible for leading employee engagement initiatives and coordinating surveys as well as following action plans. HR Manager acts as the employment law expert in the company and is responsible for proactive HR policy development. HR Manager is responsible for facilitating the co-operation board meetings and ensuring that needed management and employee representation is represented while coordinating compliance and agenda for the quarterly meetings. HR Manager is responsible for all compensation and benefits matters including annual payroll review process. HR Manager also plays active role in the Occupational Health and Safety matters. The HR Manager will serve as a member of the Management Team. It is expected that this role will support all projects as a member of the Operations team. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Strategic Leadership and Management
- Understand Scope’s unique interdisciplinary disciplinary approach and seek opportunities to enhance competitive position
- Undertake critical assessment of existing strengths and weaknesses in People Processes and practises
- Build workplan of activities and systems improvements necessary to deliver on strategic vision and establish hubs in other locations effectively
- Proactively raise issues of concern with management team
- Develop suggested company policies and procedures in discussion with management team and Board, in line with employment laws and company strategies
- Provide expertise on Finnish employment laws and liaise with legal counsel on all compliance matters affecting company staff
- Establish consistent and transparent mechanisms for sharing policy and procedural updates, providing training and coaching to team members
- Take leadership in ensuring that the multicultural work environment takes all cultures and work practices into consideration and facilitate further understanding of multicultural work practises in all opportunities.
- Re-evaluate all third party contracts and relations; occupational health, HR consultants, learning partners, payroll company as and when needed.
- Ensure effective; proactive and transparent internal communication takes place and that employees have an opportunity to raise questions if/when needed.
- Ensure that manpower planning, budgeting and strategy is done as part of the annual planning process. Facilitate discussion on board and management level and ensure that the plan is followed.
- Take lead in talent acquisition process and collaborate with HR Coordinator in ensuring that all job descriptions, job adds and related materials portray a professional, accurate and exciting employee image to all stakeholders and potential candidates
- Have expertise in in-house recruitment initiatives and sourcing utilising LinkedIn and any other channels that are seen as cost effective and producing result
- Lead the candidate selection aptitude testing process and provide expertise to management and hiring manager on how to interpret and to make the most of the aptitude tests
- Support the establishment of recruitment processes of Scope Impact and in-country hubs, guiding Hiring Managers and enabling successful hiring
- Establish mechanisms for procuring services globally, including partner feedback systems
- Send appropriate correspondence to all applicants in a timely manner in co-operation with the HR Coordinator
- Plan and assist in conducting open day/recruitment programs
- Assist in developing contract drafts and ensuring that the hired candidates understand the terms and conditions fully as applicable
- Ensure reference checks are carried out and filed as per recruiting requirement
- Support contract negotiations, including salary proposals and market benchmarking with salaries and benefits as requested
- Ensure performance evaluations are carried out at Scope Impact and in country hubs by supporting training on approach, process and tools used
- Review performance review processes and tools and develop as needed
- Compile performance evaluations in HR files
- Act as an expert of feedback and feedback processes
- Take lead in possible performance improvement processes and ensure compliance on the process as required
- Ensure organized administration of HR information systems & software (internal & external information, HR programs). Take lead in selecting a HRIS system that is relevant and cost effective. Act as a master user of said system together with the HR Coordinator
- Prepare letters for salary increases when needed for managers to base their discussions on
- Work closely with all employees to ensure a positive work environment. Facilitate discussions on improvement when needed, but primarily guide all discussions to the Occupational Health and Safety Board / reps as required
- Oversee statutory obligations: employment contracts, occupational health & safety council, cooperation board, working hours & annual holidays, payroll & benefits
- Develop a systematic approach to learning and development and ensure that employee welfare is at the focus of if together with the competence development
- Act as the main contact for Occupation Health and ensure that review meetings with them take place every six months at the minimum.
- Re-evaluate the costs of Occupational Health provider and re-negotiate deals as/when necessary.
- Acts as a policy owner for the Early Support Model and when needed, represents employer in the discussions
- Conduct/supervise orientation to new employees as per onboarding procedures.
- Evaluate the onboarding process and tools as needed and develop/update further together with the HR Coordinator
- Support Hiring Managers in developing successful onboardings for new hires
- Ensure that all new employees have a probation period review with their line manager
- Together with the HR Coordinator ensure that all new employees are confirmed their employment status before probation period ends
- Conduct/supervise offboarding to departing employees as per offboarding procedures
- Develop and re-evaluate the offboarding process together with the HR Coordinator
- Conduct exit interviews and provide feedback to the management team systematically
- HR or related/relevant university degree or equivalent
- Previous experience in supervising/ managing others
- Certificate in Project Management and/or coaching is an asset
- Expertise knowledge of Finnish Employment laws, regulations and practices as well as Finnish immigration regulations
- In-house resourcing and recruitment experience.
- Experience in managing co-operative board and workplace health & safety council
- Previous experience in managing occupational health issues
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issues with a focus on people development and continuous learning
- Proven ability to effectively resolve problems, using judgement, analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ideally experience in working within project or consultancy environment as this helps to understand and support our managers and project leads in what they do
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills, including influencing and negotiation
- Ability to balance multiple priorities. Structured, fast-paced and hands- on approach and ability to get things done.
- Commitment to social change and Scope’s development and health mission
- Ability to create trusting relations with co-workers
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity
- Fluent oral and written English and Finnish language skills
Join the Team: Communications SpecialistMore
Title: Communications Specialist Reports to: Communications Manager Travel: 20% International M4ID Background: M4ID was founded as a social impact company in 2008 with the bold ambition of advancing the global development and health field through creative problem solving and cross-disciplinary collaboration. M4ID only undertakes assignments that improve development and health outcomes for vulnerable and underserved communities. We are a highly expert integrated multi-disciplinary team, driven by the will to make a difference. Our unique way of working is a fusion of the interdisciplinary and human-centered approaches. Involving the people we serve ensures relevance. Integrating the expertise of different disciplines maximises creative problem solving. Collaboration with clients, stakeholders and partners is an essential part of this. In addition to client-led work, M4ID funds and executes our own social mission projects in which we create new services and campaigns for a fairer world. Position Description: The Communications Specialist position provides a unique opportunity to be part of a dedicated, creative, and fast-paced team committed to making the world a better place. As part of M4ID, you will work in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team of creatives, designers, innovators and development experts on ambitious projects using new approaches to bring about real change in people’s lives. The Communications Specialist will collaborate with other members of the creative communications team working on M4ID’s global advocacy and communication campaigns as well as working with designers on human-centered design lead programmes. This role is responsible for supporting teams on copywriting, communication planning, and content development and production, including project narrative reports for donors, critical updates at key junctures in the project, stories and snapshots for sharing with a wide audience. This role also manages and executes M4ID’s communication activities across all platforms and channels. The Communications Specialist will develop diverse types of communication materials, analysing projects and collating learnings as well as best practices. It is expected that this role will primarily focus on the Core project, but may be called on to work on other project as well. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead content production and copywriting for health and development projects
- Capture and develop compelling project stories to engage audiences in the lives of vulnerable people and in innovation in the social change space
- Develop content, methods and processes for rapid-paced news-room styled updates
- Develop project communication material conveying project findings, activities and outcomes.
- Support teams in project reporting, and international and national partner coordination.
- Create traditional and social media plans and content for projects on various platforms; websites, social media channels, newsletters, reports etc.
- Execute and implement M4ID’s own communication activities on various platforms
- Participate as a creative team member in the design of global health and development communication strategies and concepts
- Support the Communications Manager in the design, origination of new communications and campaigns business. This includes identifying new project opportunities, developing communications and campaigns proposals and communicating with potential clients to secure new contracts
- Support teams in compiling relevant data and information through literature reviews
- Commitment to social change and M4ID’s development and health mission
- Exceptional communication and English writing skills
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Proven track record in managing communications related tasks in the international development and health sector
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills to be able to juggle various projects and tasks
- Experience producing high-quality communication deliverables for development partners and communities
- Solid understanding of social media landscape and experience in creating social media strategies and content production on various channels
- Advocacy and campaigning expertise is an asset
- Ability to create trusting relations with diverse partners
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally
- Educated to a Bachelor level
- Minimum 5+ years of communication experience
Scope (previously M4ID) is constantly looking for highly skilled professionals from various fields of expertise to join us in advancing our mission to improve the lives of underserved populations. Scope currently employs around 40 experts both in our Helsinki office and in the regions we work in. Most are full time staff, but we also employ consultants and interns. If you have a passion for social change and are eager to use your expertise to improve development and health outcomes in underserved communities, please send us your open application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate clearly which type of opportunity your are applying for. Applications and CVs will be stored and taken into consideration if suitable opportunities are available.