Join the Team: Programme Manager
Title: Programme Manager
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
Travel: 20-30% International
M4ID was founded as a social impact company in 2008 with the bold ambition of advancing the global development and health field through creative problem solving and cross-disciplinary collaboration. M4ID only undertakes assignments that improve development and health outcomes for vulnerable and underserved communities. We are a highly expert integrated multi-disciplinary team, driven by the will to make a difference. Our unique way of working is a fusion of the interdisciplinary and human-centered approaches. Involving the people we serve ensures relevance. Integrating the expertise of different disciplines maximises creative problem solving. Collaboration with clients, stakeholders and partners is an essential part of this. In addition to client-led work, M4ID funds and executes our own social mission projects in which we create new services and campaigns for a fairer world.
The Programme Manager position provides a unique opportunity to be part of a dedicated, creative, and fast-paced team committed to making the world a better place. As part of M4ID, you will work in a multicultural and inter-disciplinary team of creatives, designers and development experts on ambitious social change projects using new approaches to bring about real change in people’s lives.
The Programme Manager will coordinate the planning, implementation, and tracking of social innovation projects from the early stages of design research, through design and prototyping, and into successful implementation in collaboration with partners in low-resource settings. The Programme Manager will support multi-disciplinary design and creative communication initiatives, under the supervision of the Program Coordinator.
It is expected that this role will work significantly on the Next T and Core projects, amongst others.
Programme Leadership and Coordination
- Understand M4ID’s existing approach to social innovation project delivery, and contribute to refining it to the specific needs of current and upcoming projects
- Carry out project- based operational planning, coordination and management and oversee delivery of results, in accordance with the project budget, work plans and project milestones.
- Coordinate project activities together with the design, creative and communication team and in country stakeholders, including civil society, project partners and government stakeholders.
- Develop and set up project coordination tools and communication channels to enable effective collaboration
- Manage regular and high-quality communication, updates and reporting to project partners, donors, M4ID management and project stakeholders.
- Monitor project expenditures and disbursements to ensure effective utilization of funds in line with financial and operation guidelines.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Participate in and support the project design and creative work phases with technical expertise.
- Organize workshops and meetings between key partners, advisory boards and other project parties
- Support and participate as needed in project-related design activities, working in an interdisciplinary manner with other colleagues
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Plan, develop and support the execution of project monitoring and evaluation activities across on-going projects
- Support the evaluation of the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- Review draft deliverables on a regular basis to support overall project standards
- Identify and develop partnerships with organisations and partners in project countries and in Finland
- Oversee work implemented under project partners and consultants
- Maintain relevant and high quality stakeholder information and facilitate the activities specified in the communications plan
- Liaise and maintain good relationships with donor representatives
Communication and Reporting
- Develop records and reports to document project activities for donor-related purposes
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders, including appropriate staff in the organization, on the progress of the project
- Lead the dissemination of outcomes, results, findings at meetings, conferences and through publications
In addition, the Employee shall do additional related tasks as from time to time as directed by the Employer.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Commitment to social change and M4ID’s development and health mission
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity
- Development and public health sector knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, communications, social or behavioral sciences, development or other related fields
- Experience in working with and developing trusting relations with civil society, governments and donors
- Knowledge of working with family planning/adolescent and youth populations/sexual and reproductive health services
- A good understanding of design and innovation processes
- Ability to adapt to new approaches and to thrive and succeed in a creative, fast paced and agile environment
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to create trusting relations with diverse partners
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Prior experience working in East Africa or India and knowledge of national SRHR programmes and policies is highly desirable
- Excellent English verbal and written communication as well as strong presentation skills
- A reliable and positive team player with strong interpersonal skills
This is Helsinki-based 2-year fixed term position.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with salary expectation, using the title ‘Programme Manager’ to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd June 2018.