Title: Partnership Manager
Reports to: Co-CEO & Co-Founder
Type: 2-year fixed term
Based in: Helsinki preferred, remote locations considered, flexible
Travel: 10-20 % International
Scope (previously known as M4ID) was founded as a social impact company in 2008 with the bold ambition of advancing the global development and health field through creative problem solving and cross-disciplinary collaboration. Scope Impact only undertakes assignments that improve development and health outcomes for vulnerable and underserved communities. We are a highly expert integrated multi-disciplinary team, driven by the will to make a difference. Our unique way of working is a fusion of the interdisciplinary and human-centered approaches. Involving the people we serve ensures relevance. Integrating the expertise of different disciplines maximises creative problem solving. Collaboration with clients, stakeholders and partners is an essential part of this. In addition to client-led work, Scope Impact funds and executes our own social mission projects in which we create new services and campaigns for a fairer world.
Scope is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Partnership Manager to bring their expertise to bear on some of the most pressing global challenges of our time. The Partnership Manager will bring together leading funding organisations with Scope’s creatives, designers, researchers and development experts on ambitious projects using new approaches to bring about real change in the lives of underserved people globally. In this new role, Partnership Manager will be responsible for overall coordination, planning, development, and management of Scope’s global business and external relations strategy in support of our social mission goals. The Partnership Manager will serve as the focal point for Scope’s team in identifying exciting opportunities, developing concepts and funding proposals, coordinating client engagement activities, ensuring timeliness and quality of donor reports, planning and carrying out donor visits, and promoting dialogue as well as information exchanges with a wide set of stakeholders. This role will lead our team in developing diverse and long-term partnerships with existing and new clients and donors, as well as advocate for Scope’s creative problem-solving approach globally.
New Business Development
- Drive and continue to develop Scope’s new business development strategy. Manage and collaborate with our inter-disciplinary team in the implementation of the plan, with a focus on diversifying Scope’s client base.
- Research and analyse the development and health sector trends, shifts and stakeholder strategies, bringing this knowledge in to programme design and planning.
- Support Scope’s sectoral priority setting and work with teams to identify emerging opportunities linked to the achievement of Scope’s social mission goals and company strategy.
- Liaise with clients and partners in designing new opportunities for social impact, developing these in to funded programmes together with team.
- Develop concept notes as well as proposal narratives, budgets, monitoring and evaluation frameworks in collaboration with Scope’s interdisciplinary team.
- Support learning and skills development across Scope and develop organization-wide systems and tools for client management and new business development.
Partnerships and Communication
- Plan and manage global external communications and advocacy activities that relate to partnership development, new business and client relationships.
- Work closely with teams on external communication and marketing pertaining to flagship programmes, to sharing organisational learning and in recognition of Scope’s brand and creative excellence.
- Plan, develop and disseminate reports, briefs and publications, multi-media outputs together with the team. Work closely with the Co-CEOs and teams to help position Scope with donors and decision makers. Identify and follow through on opportunities to raise the profile of Scope’s work through events, conferences and client focused meetings.
In addition, the Employee shall do additional related tasks as from time to time directed by the Employer.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Development, Public Health, Finance, Economics, International Relations or Communications related fields
- Minimum of five years’ professional experience, including overseas work, in international development or related field.
- Proven experience and results in external relations, marketing, donor & client management and resource mobilisation in international development and health
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including writing strategies, proposals, concept notes, reports, briefing papers, press releases and ability to synthesise key concepts for diverse audiences
- Strong experience in effective dissemination of high quality communications outputs and learnings
- Proven skills in editing and research, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytic, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Competent budget analysis and reporting skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to low income countries.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels and in inter-cultural environments
- Commitment to social change and Scope’s development and health mission
- Flexibility and ability work well in a fast paced, creative environment
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Development and public health sector knowledge is a plus
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter including salary expectation to email@example.com using the email heading ‘Partnership Manager’ by 22 September 2019.