Join the Team: Graphic Design Intern
Title: Graphic Design Intern
Reports to: Director of Creative Communications
M4ID was founded as a social impact company in 2008 with the bold ambition of advancing the global development and health field through creative problem solving and cross-disciplinary collaboration. M4ID only undertakes assignments that improve development and health outcomes for vulnerable and underserved communities. We are a highly expert integrated multi-disciplinary team, driven by the will to make a difference. Our unique way of working is a fusion of the interdisciplinary and human-centered approaches. Involving the people we serve ensures relevance. Integrating the expertise of different disciplines maximises creative problem solving. Collaboration with clients, stakeholders and partners is an essential part of this. In addition to client-led work, M4ID funds and executes our own social mission projects in which we create new services and campaigns for a fairer world.
M4ID is looking for a graphic design intern that will support the creative team in visualizing and crafting engaging concepts for the different projects and developing M4ID’s own visual designs.
- Support M4ID’s creative team in visualizing engaging concepts for international development and health initiatives, with a focus on children’s and women’s health and rights in low resource settings.
- Crafting engaging visuals to communicate and augment project related concepts, content and messages.
- Developing M4IDs own visual designs for global audiences together with the team.
- Keeping abreast of emerging trends and technologies in graphic design and applying that to M4ID’s projects.
- Contributing to M4ID’s own social media and communication activities.
In addition, the Employee shall do additional related tasks as from time to time directed by the Employer.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Commitment to social change and M4ID’s mission
- Great graphic design skills and a keen interest in visual communication
- A passion and ability to visualize and bring to life concepts and information
- Demonstrated knowledge of design software including Adobe Creative Suite
- Good English verbal and written skills
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and be flexible.
- Initiative and bundles of creativity
The position is a 6-month paid internship based in Helsinki.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, using the title ‘Graphic Design Intern’, to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 25th 2018.