Join the Team: HR Manager
Title: HR Manager (75-100%)
Reports to: Co-CEO and Managing Director
Travel: 0% International
The HR Manager is responsible for promoting successful and compliant human resources activities, providing strategic leadership as well as operational support on key activities. The HR Manager is expected to lead the development and implementation of key People Processes, HR Systems and infrastructure that enable successful operations in Helsinki and in country hubs, including talent acquisition, employee and management development initiatives including training and capacity building. The HR Manager is also responsible for leading employee engagement initiatives and coordinating surveys as well as following action plans. HR Manager acts as the employment law expert in the company and is responsible for proactive HR policy development.
HR Manager is responsible for facilitating the co-operation board meetings and ensuring that needed management and employee representation is represented while coordinating compliance and agenda for the quarterly meetings. HR Manager is responsible for all compensation and benefits matters including annual payroll review process. HR Manager also plays active role in the Occupational Health and Safety matters.
The HR Manager will serve as a member of the Management Team. It is expected that this role will support all projects as a member of the Operations team.
Strategic Leadership and Management
- Understand Scope’s unique interdisciplinary disciplinary approach and seek opportunities to enhance competitive position
- Undertake critical assessment of existing strengths and weaknesses in People Processes and practises
- Build workplan of activities and systems improvements necessary to deliver on strategic vision and establish hubs in other locations effectively
- Proactively raise issues of concern with management team
- Develop suggested company policies and procedures in discussion with management team and Board, in line with employment laws and company strategies
- Provide expertise on Finnish employment laws and liaise with legal counsel on all compliance matters affecting company staff
- Establish consistent and transparent mechanisms for sharing policy and procedural updates, providing training and coaching to team members
- Take leadership in ensuring that the multicultural work environment takes all cultures and work practices into consideration and facilitate further understanding of multicultural work practises in all opportunities.
- Re-evaluate all third party contracts and relations; occupational health, HR consultants, learning partners, payroll company as and when needed.
- Ensure effective; proactive and transparent internal communication takes place and that employees have an opportunity to raise questions if/when needed.
Recruitment and Selection
- Ensure that manpower planning, budgeting and strategy is done as part of the annual planning process. Facilitate discussion on board and management level and ensure that the plan is followed.
- Take lead in talent acquisition process and collaborate with HR Coordinator in ensuring that all job descriptions, job adds and related materials portray a professional, accurate and exciting employee image to all stakeholders and potential candidates
- Have expertise in in-house recruitment initiatives and sourcing utilising LinkedIn and any other channels that are seen as cost effective and producing result
- Lead the candidate selection aptitude testing process and provide expertise to management and hiring manager on how to interpret and to make the most of the aptitude tests
- Support the establishment of recruitment processes of Scope Impact and in-country hubs, guiding Hiring Managers and enabling successful hiring
- Establish mechanisms for procuring services globally, including partner feedback systems
- Send appropriate correspondence to all applicants in a timely manner in co-operation with the HR Coordinator
- Plan and assist in conducting open day/recruitment programs
- Assist in developing contract drafts and ensuring that the hired candidates understand the terms and conditions fully as applicable
- Ensure reference checks are carried out and filed as per recruiting requirement
- Support contract negotiations, including salary proposals and market benchmarking with salaries and benefits as requested
- Ensure performance evaluations are carried out at Scope Impact and in country hubs by supporting training on approach, process and tools used
- Review performance review processes and tools and develop as needed
- Compile performance evaluations in HR files
- Act as an expert of feedback and feedback processes
- Take lead in possible performance improvement processes and ensure compliance on the process as required
- Ensure organized administration of HR information systems & software (internal & external information, HR programs). Take lead in selecting a HRIS system that is relevant and cost effective. Act as a master user of said system together with the HR Coordinator
- Prepare letters for salary increases when needed for managers to base their discussions on
- Work closely with all employees to ensure a positive work environment. Facilitate discussions on improvement when needed, but primarily guide all discussions to the Occupational Health and Safety Board / reps as required
- Oversee statutory obligations: employment contracts, occupational health & safety council, cooperation board, working hours & annual holidays, payroll & benefits
- Develop a systematic approach to learning and development and ensure that employee welfare is at the focus of if together with the competence development
- Act as the main contact for Occupation Health and ensure that review meetings with them take place every six months at the minimum.
- Re-evaluate the costs of Occupational Health provider and re-negotiate deals as/when necessary.
- Acts as a policy owner for the Early Support Model and when needed, represents employer in the discussions
Onboarding and Offboarding
- Conduct/supervise orientation to new employees as per onboarding procedures.
- Evaluate the onboarding process and tools as needed and develop/update further together with the HR Coordinator
- Support Hiring Managers in developing successful onboardings for new hires
- Ensure that all new employees have a probation period review with their line manager
- Together with the HR Coordinator ensure that all new employees are confirmed their employment status before probation period ends
- Conduct/supervise offboarding to departing employees as per offboarding procedures
- Develop and re-evaluate the offboarding process together with the HR Coordinator
- Conduct exit interviews and provide feedback to the management team systematically
In addition, the Employee shall do additional related tasks as from time to time directed by the Employer.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- HR or related/relevant university degree or equivalent
- Previous experience in supervising/ managing others
- Certificate in Project Management and/or coaching is an asset
- Expertise knowledge of Finnish Employment laws, regulations and practices as well as Finnish immigration regulations
- In-house resourcing and recruitment experience.
- Experience in managing co-operative board and workplace health & safety council
- Previous experience in managing occupational health issues
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issues with a focus on people development and continuous learning
- Proven ability to effectively resolve problems, using judgement, analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ideally experience in working within project or consultancy environment as this helps to understand and support our managers and project leads in what they do
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills, including influencing and negotiation
- Ability to balance multiple priorities. Structured, fast-paced and hands- on approach and ability to get things done.
- Commitment to social change and Scope’s development and health mission
- Ability to create trusting relations with co-workers
- Cultural understanding and sensitivity
- Fluent oral and written English and Finnish language skills
There is a possibility that this position is 75% working time if mutually agreed.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with salary expectation, using the title ‘HR Manager’ to email@example.com by 2nd August 2019.